Sunday, June 12, 2011

Andra

After laying there for some time the pain was gone and my body went numb. The tiny window finally went dark. As I drifted in and out of consciousness I realized someone was unlocking the chains that bound me. I was relieved and frightened at the same time. The person who unlocked the chains scooped me up in his strong arms and carefully began to carry me away. He seemed very tall. His scent was familiar. I gave in to my body's urging and fell asleep.
When I came to it was morning. I was in the most comfortable bed imaginable, wrapped in silk sheets and a downy blanket. It felt good waking up and not hurting everywhere. I slowly sat up and looked around. The room was elegantly decorated, in a way I might have done if I had all the money in the world.
My feet were greeted by a plush white rug. I made my way over to the cherry vanity to see how horrible I looked after the ordeal I had just been through. Whoever saved me must be very important. I thought to myself. There was a note on the vanity that said, "pick out something nice from the dresser and meet me in the next room."
The "chicken scratch" was unforgettable, it belonged to Baldric.
I rummaged through  the dresser, I was somewhat dismayed (and pleased) to find that the drawers were filled with pink frills and foofy clothes. I had been wearing military clothes for so long I had forgotten just how much I loved being a girl.
I picked out a pale pink blouse with little roses around the collar, and some dark blue jeans. I fussed with my hair a little, then took a deep breath as I pushed open the gold handled double door.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw soft blond curls peeking over the back of a red suede wing back chair. I quietly approached, but he heard me and turned to look at me. He smiled warmly as he asked, "did you sleep well?"
"considering I was chained to a bed all day, yeah. I slept fine." I said bitterly.
"I know, that wasn't my fault. My superiors thought you should be chained. After a long debate I finally convinced them to remove the chains. I did, however, have to sneak in to get you out."
"So, what made them decide I could go free?" I asked skeptical.
"Not free. You must remain here. That's one of the conditions. You did bring them Taylor, but they decided he was useless and dropped him."
"dropped him?"
"Oh, I forgot, you were unconscious. We're living in the clouds, quite literally. Taylor. . ." He couldn't get the words out, it was too terrible.
"You're telling me he fell from the sky?" I couldn't believe someone could be that heartless.
"believe me, I tried to talk them down to something more humane, despite my hatred for him."
I couldn't breathe, I was now a prisoner in a place that would drop you from the sky if you disagreed with them. "what do I have to do?" I said finally, not wanting to hear the answer.
"right now you just need to be my wife and mother to our child."
another door opened and Rosa came running in, "mommy you're awake!"
I hugged her and looked at Baldric in confusion.
"Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it."
"but what about Michael? he's still with the rebellion." I asked.
"we'll just have to kidnap him again. we're not as evil as Taylor has led you to believe. once you've had some time to recover I will fill you in on all the details and you'll understand."
"how can everything Taylor told me be a lie?" I was hesitant to trust him, after all this was the first contact he'd made in two years.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.