I was restless. I hadn't had this kind of break in a long time. I didn't know how to be a house wife. Rosa seemed to have adapted to our new life quite well. I wondered how long I'd have to keep up this facade. I wanted to stay and support Baldric, but he was amicable to the enemy.
As Rosa and I were playing a riveting game of Go Fish, a guard burst through the door pushing two teenagers towards me. "I was instructed to put these two in your care. If I catch them outside these quarters I can't be responsible for what happens to them." he grumbled.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Michael standing in front of me, "what happened?"
"There's no time for pleasantries, we've got to get out of here. I don't know who that man is, but he certainly isn't my father. My father would never fraternize with the enemy and blow up innocent people."
I could empathize with his anger, but couldn't let on that I too was contemplating escape, "We're safe here, for now. Let's just enjoy the lap of luxury while we can." I forced a smile.
"Oh, I see how it is." he said sarcastically, "they've gotten to you too. I'm not going to just sit around and wait for them to kill us, I'm getting out of here. Anyone is welcome to join me." he stormed out of the room.
Jade froze for a moment, then followed him into the other room.
I was lost in thought until Rosa slapped her cards down on the table, "I've beaten you again. you really should pay more attention. want to play again?"
I just smiled and nodded at her eager expression.
so, if you guys want to post what happens at base that could be good. also, this would probably be the next day after the base is blown up and Baldric has talked to Michael.
ReplyDelete