I felt guilty, leading him down the dark corridors. Knowing he would be caught completely off guard and likely would never trust me again. But I had to save Rosa.
Once inside, it was easy. He was completely at my mercy. Guilt pierced my heart and I plunged the needle into his arm. His face was filled with disbelief and confusion. I swallowed my tears as he dropped helplessly to the floor and two guards picked him up, taking him into the darkness.
"I'm impressed, Andra. Didn't think you had it in you." a strangely familiar voice came from the darkness.
"Just give me my child like you promised, and I will leave this country and never bother you again."
A ruthless hand grabbed my neck tight, then pulled my hands behind my back. The source of the voice came out from the darkness and continued to speak, "I mean honestly, turning in your lover like that. And the way you did it, bravo."
My eyes flitted back and forth across his face in disbelief, "Baldric?"
"Oh, so you do remember me. All this time I thought you'd forsaken me for this. . .this. . .well, I'll let you finish that. Charles. . ."
There was sudden sharp stabbing pain in my back. "But. . .why? What. . ." I gasped for air as my consciousness began to slip.
"She's my daughter too, you know."
"No. . .she's. . ." I collapsed to the floor where Taylor had previously laid.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.