Friday, June 10, 2011

Andra

I stared at the ceiling, confused by the emotions running through my mind. A tear managed to find it's way out of the corner of my eye. I really wished I could wipe it away, but I knew I couldn't, seeing as I was chained to the bed. Just then the door opened. Another wave of emotions went through my body as Baldric crossed the room and sat on the bed beside me.
"why are you doing this?" I said softly.
"you'll understand in time. they said you must be chained or you'll just run away again."
"can you blame me?"
He stroked my cheek, I wanted to cringe but it felt so good to feel his touch again, "I was just doing that for the guys, I don't want them to think I soft, I'm their lieutenant." I squeezed my eyes shut tight, trying to fight back the tears as he continued, "you know I'd never hurt you. But I did hear something about you and Taylor getting together. I was angry, to say the least. He's a child. What could you ever possibly see in him?"
My eyes shot open and I glared at him, "you disappeared! he was there to offer comfort."
His eyes were blazing, "comfort you?!" he huffed and had a hard time spitting out the next line, "just answer me this: did you sleep with him?"
"What? No!" I shouted, "he just held me while I cried, mourning over you. Now I can see I was wrong to miss you."
He got up angrily, and raised his hand to slap me, "No, you don't know what's going on here. I am fighting for a better cause. Your foolish rebellion will be wiped out without him. I was going to let you out to see our daughter, but I think I'll leave you here a few more days to think."
He stormed out. I heard him talking to another man, and then it was quiet. I heard the sound of paper sliding across the floor. I turned my head and saw a crumpled up piece of paper. Oh how I wished I could reach it, or even read what it said. I tried in vain to reach it, but eventually gave up because I knew it was useless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.