I began to protest, but realized there was nothing more I could do. I could not save my children if I was captured as well. They had already captured my husband, which was why I joined the rebellion in the first place. As we walked in silence through the thick brush to the underground hiding place of the rebellion, I reminisced that fateful night.
"Baldric, do you think this war will ever end?"
"what do you mean, Andra? the war ended a while ago."
"No, they just want you to believe that. they're holding us in suspense so they can catch us off guard."
"you worry to much."
he kissed me tenderly on the forehead. everything after that was a blur. it all happened so quickly.
I tried not to think about it any longer. I forced my mind back to the present. now I was alone. I had more to fight for than ever before.
not only has the betrayer kidnapped (possibly killed) my beloved, now he has my children. he doesn't realize who he's messing with. the gloves are coming off, the mother bear is awake.
I suddenly became self conscious as I realized my emotions were no longer hidden in my mind. Taylor looked at me with those kind eyes, and he placed a hand on my shoulder as if to say "it will be alright, you'll see them all soon enough. we will get our revenge."
I forced a smile as we headed inside the base.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.