I always liked to keep an eye on my fellow rebels, this time was no different. I followed her from the shadows for a few minutes before I started to come closer. A shadow passed by me, fortunately I had acquired a chameleon light belt from the guards a few months back. It bent the light around my body and allowed me to move invisibly, but the illusion would fade if hit with a hard enough impact.
The man was obviously a guard. He moved in and pulled out his hard light gun. He quickly aimed it towards her as she began to run. I had to move fast as I attacked. So focused on his prey was he that I was able to dig my knife deep into the ribs, his shield being turned off. I moved quickly and detached his belt and took his undamaged hard light shield and shoved it into my satchel.
More guards would be coming soon. I hurried after the woman and caught her a few minutes later.
"Hey stop," I said as I grabbed her arm. "Don't worry it's me." I turned off the chameleon device and pulled down my hood, revealing deep blue eyes and crimson hair that everyone in the rebellion knew belonged to me, their leader. "Come on we have to get inside fast. There is an entrance just over here."
I hurried off in the direction I was talking about, anxious to get back underground.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.