She stormed off and I just stared after her. Katrina walked inside my room. She snapped to get my attention. I glanced over at her and raised an eyebrow.
"I'm going to go to sleep," She said. "Can you stay outside and make sure your goons don't kill me while I sleep?"
I looked back down the hall and replied, "Yeah sure." I stepped outside and closed the curtain.
I sat outside for a few hours thinking about my past and my hate and how it had all changed when she had cried. I realized she was just as much a soldier as I was. A group of my men approached and did not look particularly pleased.
"We heard you got a betrayer sleeping in your bed," One of them spat on the ground. "We all talked about it and we want a piece of her. Show her a taste of what the betrayers did to my sister."
"No," I answered. "If we have an enemy the worst we do is kill them. Rape is never an option, but she is one of us now."
"Taylor man, buddy," A different one said. "She killed some of my friends. That girl in there. She did it and didn't flinch, she's got inside your head man. She'll turn on you when you least expect it. And it'll hurt us all, not just you."
"You all follow my orders still right?" I stood up and looked into their eyes. They nodded and I said, "Good, no one is to harm her at this time. There might be a place for a trial in the future but right now no one here would be unbiased towards her and it wouldn't be fair. Go, let everyone know that."
They grumbled as they walked away but I heard someone else approach from behind. I turned and saw Andra, to my surprise.
"I need to explain to you what ha..." She put her fingers to my lips.
"Shh," She whispered softly in my ear. "I was upset because you were right but I changed my mind about it. Do you want to get out of here?" Her voice was so, so right.
I turned to one of my more trusted men, "Keep an eye on this door. Ensure she remains safe."
I turned back to Andra, "Where did you have in mind?"
She smiled, "I know the perfect place."
She led me into an unused part of the maze of tunnels we had made to ensure our safety. We were finally alone. She pushed me up against a wall and the emotions began to swirl in my mind. I didn't even see the needle as she plunged it into my arm and filled my body with some kind of toxin.
Muscle memory turned on in self defense and I flicked my hand down and activated my shields. I wasn't even aware that the chameleon shield hadn't worked as my mind and body became drowsy.
I saw men trying to surround me and I felt my slowness as I tried to fight them off, I felt normal, for the first time in my life I felt as if my reaction speed was normal. My strength also felt normal, What did she give me?
The last thing I remember before I hit knocked unconscious by a blow from behind was a man saying, "You gave him enough sedative to have knocked out any other man. He just looked ticked off."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.